Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

6 months!!!!

My sweet, precious, wonderful Lainey Jo is 6 months old!!!! That's half way to 1 year!!! I cannot believe she's already 6 months old! TIme is literally flying by! Someone please make it stop. NOW!! I am loving the stage she's in right. She is much more interactive and really takes in the environment around her. Yesterday we had her 6 month check up with the doc and things are looking good. She's healthy (still currently has a cough, remnants of a pesky cold :( ) and her skills are top notch. She got some shots during the check up, 4 to be exact, and she was such a trooper. She cried some while receiving the shots but I picked her up once they were over and she stopped crying. Then she talked to me and her Nana most of the way home. I can only assume letting us know her displeasure for the shots. Her stats are:

weight: 15 lbs 5 oz (35 %ile)
height: 27 in. (90 %ile)
head circumference: 16 in. (12 %ile)
eating: breastmilk, formula, rice cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans, squash, peas (tried carrots this evening....wasn't a fan)
sleeping: 9pm-7am (Bless you child!)

New tricks:
-- rolling all over the place! But once she's done rolling, she's done
-- sitting up without support (not completely new but can sit longer without tumbling over)
-- sitting up from a reclined position
-- puts binky in & out of mouth on her own
-- moves things from one hand to the other
-- grasps well and quick (got orange juice spilled on me this morning....)
-- lunges forward
-- rotates body while on tummy
-- holds own milk bottle while eating
-- can pull headband off head
-- play peek a boo
-- looks for stuff that become hidden

Likes:
-- Sleeping on her belly
-- squealing (especially when Mommy or Daddy do it back to you)
-- jumping in jumperoo (you get some serious bounce)
-- watching Dr. Phil (he apparently has a mesmerizing voice)
-- watching other kids play
-- being outside
-- kicking toys
-- hearing butterfly squeak
-- checking self out in mirror

I'm sure there's more you're doing. I need to be better about writing them down when they happen because even though I have a good memory, I know I forget some stuff. I'm loving being Lainey's Mom and look forward to watching her grow. Hopefully more slowly though. :) LOVE YOU LAINEY JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Princess Lainey


Simply gorgeous




Grandma and Lainey



Bathtime is so much better sitting in a duck




Shala with Lainey 6 months



Lainey and Mommy






























































No comments:

Post a Comment